With the update to V5 of the nIFTTTy Scheduler, there’s now dedicated support for Pinterest with much more appealing pins made with image frame templates.
This is only for the Zazzle nIFTTTy – Society6 support will be added in the future.
Here’s what a pin looks like with the one of the image frames.
There’s lots more to choose from as well – there’s a link further down to let you see the complete range.
Making it work for your Pinterest
As usual, set up the products you want to schedule with nIFTTTy in Step1 of the Nifty Promo Control Panel. When you’ve done that, choose the nIFTTTy Scheduler in Step2.
When you do, the nIFTTTy scheduler will open in a new window. It should be pretty familiar to anyone who has used it before.
To use the new Pinterest features, you need to open up the section for it with the show/hide button
If you don’t open that new section, the nIFTTTy scheduler will work as it has always done.
The new section
When you click the show/hide button, the new section opens up.
That’s all you need to do to make the nIFTTTy Scheduler use the new image frame templates for all pins it makes. When it’s making a pin, it will choose one of the available image frame templates at random, add the product image to it and then give it to IFTTT so it uses that image for the pin.
- If you don’t want to use this new feature, just ignore the dedicated Pinterest section and the nIFTTTy scheduler will work as it’s always worked
- Your existing nIFTTTy applets aren’t affected by these changes
- When the new section is opened up with the show/hide button the new feature will be used – if not, everything works as it always did
- Add more image frame templates including templates for Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year, St Valentine’s Day etc. (see below)
- Add a method for letting you choose the theme you want used for your pins
Image Frame Templates
This is a work in progress because the people who use nIFTTTy are designing and submitting more for us all to use. Here’s some useful links (they open in a new window):
With these new image frames your pins will be much more appealing – and that leads to saves, clicks and more referrals.
There’s been a few changes to this feature as we first introduced it, enhanced it, increased the range of image templates and then simplified it.
We’re now in the process of encouraging Zazzlers to design the themed image frame templates as a community effort. Please take part!