With the update to V5 of the nIFTTTy Scheduler, there’s now dedicated support for Pinterest with much more appealing pins made with image frame templates.
This is only for the Zazzle nIFTTTy – Society6 support will be added in the future.
Here’s what a pin looks like with the one of the image frames.
There’s lots more to choose from as well – there’s a link further down to let you see the complete range.
Making it work for your Pinterest
As usual, set up the products you want to schedule with nIFTTTy in Step1 of the Nifty Promo Control Panel. When you’ve done that, choose the nIFTTTy Scheduler in Step2.
When you do, the nIFTTTy scheduler will open in a new window. It should be pretty familiar to anyone who has used it before.
To use the new Pinterest features, you need to open up the section for it with the show/hide button
If you don’t open that new section, the nIFTTTy scheduler will work as it has always done.
The Pinterest-specific section
When you click the show/hide button, the new section opens up.
A Pinterest board where all the pins use image frames can be a bit overwhelming, visually, so you also get to choose the chances of an image frame being used.
That’s all you need to do to make the nIFTTTy Scheduler use the new image frame templates for the pins it makes. When it’s making a pin, it will first throw the computer dice to see if an image frame template will be used. If it is, it will choose one of the available image frame templates at random, add the product image to it and then give it to IFTTT so it uses that image for the pin.
Themed image frame templates
There are only a few themed image frame sets available right now with more to come, depending on the community sprited nature of our fellow Niftyers
Remember that to use any framed image, themed or general:
- the Pinterest-specific section has to be open when you click the button to make your feed url for IFTTT
- the computer throw-of-the-dice has to come up according to the chance you set.
- If you don’t want to use this new feature, just ignore the dedicated Pinterest section and the nIFTTTy scheduler will work as it’s always worked
- Your existing nIFTTTy applets aren’t affected by these changes
- When the new section is opened up with the show/hide button the new feature will be used – if not, everything works as it always did
- Add more image frame templates including templates for Hanukkah, New Year, St Valentine’s Day, St Patrick’s Day etc.
Image Frame Templates
This is a work in progress because the people who use nIFTTTy are designing and submitting more for us all to use. Here’s some useful links (they open in a new window):
With these new image frames your pins will be much more appealing – and that leads to saves, clicks and more referrals.
There’s been a few changes to this feature as we first introduced it, enhanced it, increased the range of image templates and then simplified it.
We’re now in the process of encouraging Zazzlers to design the themed image frame templates as a community effort. Please take part!